Houston Murder Lawyer Andy Nolen represents people charged with all kinds of criminal offenses, including murder.
If you need a Houston Murder Lawyer, you can call Andy Nolen at 713-697-4373.
Texas Penal Code, Section 19.02 – Murder
CHAPTER 19. CRIMINAL HOMICIDE
§ 19.02. MURDER.
(a) In this section:
(1) ”Adequate cause” means cause that would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.
(2) ”Sudden passion” means passion directly caused by and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.
(b) A person commits an offense if he:
(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;
(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or
(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.
(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.
HOUSTON, TEXAS & HARRIS COUNTY MURDER LAWYER ANDY NOLEN
Andy Nolen and Associates, Houston Murder Lawyers
The Houston Murder Lawyers Andy Nolen and Associates have handled over 3000 cases defending adults and juveniles in criminal, juvenile, and family courts in Harris County and throughout the State of Texas.
Houston Murder Lawyers Andy Nolen and Associates represent clients charged with crimes in State and Federal courts in Houston, Galveston, Houston, Houston, Texas, Beaumont, Austin, San Antonio, Waco, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Tyler, Sherman, Del Rio, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Mc Allen, El Paso, Hempstead, Houston, Texas and all counties in Texas. The law firm of Andy Nolen and Associates is located in Houston, Texas; however, Attorney Andy Nolen appears in all criminal, juvenile, and family courts in Texas.
Attorney Andy Nolen has over 23 years experience representing persons accused of committing criminal violations of State and Federal law.
Houston Murder Lawyer Andy Nolen treats every person they represent as if they were a friend and neighbor. When you call, likely Andy Nolen will answer your call himself. You will be dealing with Attorneys, not secretaries, assistants, or answering machines.
If we can be of any assistance, or you just want to talk about your situation, please call Attorney Andy Nolen at 832-480-8915.